Whoops Glorp! I just realized I never once talked to you about my postcard.
We chose a very purple theme because that's Dahlia's color and she is the main character. Our story is also one that is meant to transmit a message of hope, thats why we chose very bright colors and to have our actor smile and look off into the distance- as if she's looking forward to something. She's also sat criss-cross on the floor, and has no shoes on, which feels more authentic. We chose to do this to attract our target audience, since Gen Z prefers authenticity. All good postcards also hint at the story of the film, and we completed this by having the little quote at the top. All these choices, hopefully, send the message that our film is a hopeful coming of age centered arround Dahlia and Sprout.
Since we prepared a postcard to promote our short film, we decided to place the logo of the film festival so people can keep the postcard as a memory of the film festival. That's also why we chose to have our postcard look like a poster, so it can be used as wall decor after the film festival (I know that's what I'd do with the pretty postcards I find).
I also thought it'd be important to demonstrate the conflict of the film. So, on the back we placed a photo of Melia and Dahlia sat back to back, looking at each other. The background is also split in two colors, to better represent a clash of interest. The green star behind their heads is meant to symbolize a growth of mindset, and also bring the viewers attention to the center of the postcard. I wanted them to look at the image first, and then the screenings, so the viewer would first understand that the story has a conflict, and then look at the screenings. We felt that, if the screenings had more visual importance over the conflict, then we might lose the interest of some potential watchers of our film.
No comments:
Post a Comment