When I submitted this, I remember thinking "wow this is terrible, but at least I'm done with it!" Now, I want to use it for collage applications, so, yeah... I'm reshooting/editing it soon. I'll make a post about it when I do so.
Interviews:
I used Text Based Editing in Premiere for the line edit. It's very helpful because it means I can edit in situations where I really shouldn't be, like during a stage play I don't care about. I don't have to wear headphones to know what the interviewee is saying. Emi and I split the interviews and sifted through them, condensing them into a few minutes. Then I combined the interviews to develop a story. This helped the content in my documentary to be very rich, since the documentary followed a "story"
B-roll:
I did the same thing I always do with b-roll: store the usable b-roll in a folder and title the best something noteworthy. Then, after my line edit is done, I run through it thinking of b-roll. I cover all jump cuts or split up large clips with the b-roll I thought fit best in the moment. Some of Emi's drawings where used as b-roll, which was a good cop-out when I couldn't find any relevant b-roll.
Graphics:
All graphics, as I said before, were created by Emi. After editing the line edit, I gave Emi a list of drawings I needed her to make. Then I went onto After Effects and animated the drawings with a displacement layer!
This is the final timeline! I have many, many comments, but I'm saving them for the next blog. See ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment