(Nothing better than blogging, except
maybe #MANstruating, #yep #Imatransman)
I'm working with people who don't procrastinate! I know god is good because on the day we got our project, we decided on a due dates for each part of the assignment. I placed it all on a shared Google Calendar so we can stay on track.
-~THE FILM~-
PRE PRODUCTION:
Planning:
This very blog! My group and I already have everything planned the dates out and everything :)
Brainstorming (from 2.18 - 2.23):
When I space out or when I'm alone, I just default to writing dialogue and scenes inside my mind palace, so I already always have a list of story ideas to begin with. We can thank my mild ADD (maybe? I've never tried to get diagnosed.) for that victory. Most of the brainstorming on my end is going to happen in my shower, before bed, and while driving to school.
My team will be doing brainstorming for this long because we have want to make sure our story is good.
I think it won't take me this long to write a screen play, but Vick and I wanted to be safe and allow me to have some room for error. I think this is a good idea, because on paper, we have a lot of time to work on the project. This leeway is beneficial if I need more time, and beneficial if I don't!
Vick and I will be in Tampa competing while the writing phase is going on, we chose to do this because I can write out the story during our down time (like our bus ride there and back) and relay it with her and Kenna whenever needed (yay! texting!).
PRODUCTION:
Filming (from 3.3 - 3.13):
We want to film before spring break, which is a little bit of a crunch for time, but I've delt with worse. Over break, everyone in the team will be somewhere that isn't our lovely little city, so it'll be best to have the filming out of the way.
We also limited ourselves to two actors, because we reasoned that filming for more than that would mean we'd have to fish out people who aren't in our group-- and that's too much of a hassle.
POST PRODUCTION:
Editing 3.14 - 3.27:
We scheduled so that Vicky and I can edit over the break if we wish, but we don't have too. This way we have time to enjoy our break.
Vicky will work on the rough draft, then hand in the project to me so I can fix the pacing, adjust cuts, color, sound design, and anything else I see necessary. This way we divide the work in a way that fits our skills. I'm the stronger editor between us two, so for me, having a line edit already done allows me to hone into all the nitpicky editing choices.
Graphics 3.14 - 3.27:
All graphics will be done by yours truly! Since I'm the only one in the team who's good with After Effects :)
Peer reviewing/debriefing 3.15 - 4.4:
When Vick and I where planning, I offered that we should have a week or so to sit with the project and ask for critiques. She agreed, and so we plan to have everything done a few days beforehand! This will not only allow us time to fully flesh out other important aspects of the project, but also give our mates time to critique our work. Thus, giving us time to adjust and alter our project as we deem necessary.
-~BLOG POST DATES~-
(This is a copy and paste of the due dates my glorious teacher gave us with some of my personal peperoni pizzazz on top)
Week One (2/17-2/22)
Post 1 - introduce your project choice for A level
Post 2 - project schedule/timeline
Week Two (2/23-3/1)
Post 3 - on chosen genre research
Post 4, 5, 6 - researching real media texts of the same genre
Week Three (3/2-3/8)
Post 7 - researching social media pages for content similar to your project/genre choices
Post 8, 9 - reflect research or planning
Post 10 - summarize the group meeting
Week Four (3/9-3/15)
Post 11, 12, 13 - reflect detailed planning (outlines, layout drawings, storyboards, shooting schedules, etc.) and/or production processes
Week Five (3/16-3/22) (SPRING BREAK)
Post 14, 15 - reflect production process, reflection on key moments, changes to project (why), etc.
Post 16 - research on print components similar to your project choice/genre
Week Six(3/23-3/29)
Post 17, 18 - production process, reflection on key moments, changes to project (why), etc.
Post 19 - begin researching/planning for Critical Reflection
Week Seven (3/30-4/5)
Post 20, 21 - production process, reflection on key moments, changes to project (why), etc.
Post 22 - Researching/planning for Critical Reflection
Week Eight (4/6-4/10)
Post 23 - reflecting final, reflective comments
Post 24 - must be a link to or embedded A level project (all components) with short textual reflection/introduction
Post 25 - one post must be the Critical Reflection for A level project
No comments:
Post a Comment