Look for Stuff!!

Mar 14, 2025

CCR - Portfolio Blog Post #24

I need my eight hours of sleep. I don't think you understand how serious I am about my 8 hours, Glorp. Call me an old man, I don't care. But recently, I think I've been cursed, every night without fail I think "ooohhh I'll just stay up a little more." This is in large part due to my chemistry teacher and her miraculous ability to make me want to end it all. So, I spend 2 extra hours studying and then I go to school with 6 hours and get a 73% on my math test. (What's this? Oh no! The consequences of my actions!) Long story short, this week feels like I cut off my legs and dragged my bleeding torso through hell. 
Anyways, today I was in class and the teacher told us we have to be creative with our CCR. I really hope my idea is creative, I don't have a solid way of knowing. 

How does your product engage with audiences?

In preparation to answer this question, I found a document and thoroughly read the conclusion. Pretty much, westerns severe the purpose of being a comfortable form of media. People seek it when they wish for a simple and reliable story. Here, men are always the heroes or villains and women are always the damsels in distress. "People find westerns reassuring because gender roles in westerns are more clear cut and life is slower and simpler." Real life issues seem to be separate from the western world, everything there is predictable. Despite focusing our film on a woman, gender roles are still a large part of this movie. In this world, men are still powerful and, for the most part, women stay home. Because of this, I think Charlette's personality could be considered a form of both rebellion and conformity. She is a quiet pacifist, which could be seen as her trying not to draw attention to herself. But, she is also a cowgirl in the wild west who doesn't apologize for being herself. Her existence is political, but her personality isn't. This would make our movie seperate from most westerns and might even challenge the ideas viewers have on westerns.

While reading this paragraph aloud to myself I mispronounced "pacifist" and accidently created a new word, "pethacy" It means..... uhhh.... ummm....?

How would it be distributed as a real media text?

I would honestly love to have a DVD of this movie, but I know they probably won't sell. Assuming this media text would be an indie project, I'd decide to distribute it in the weirdest way possible. I would create an ARG (Alternate Reality Game) with all sorts of clues and riddles. ARG's are interactive online games that uses different forms of media to deliver a story based on the collectives actions of the players. Game Theory covers a lot of these, here's one of my favorites.

I love the idea of having a western themed ARG as a form of marketing. I'd have a website for the film like Welcome Home does, but have hidden clues that lead to a streaming platform that supports indie film makers, like Nebula or Mubi. From then, I'd make the film hidden somewhere on their website. I'd also love to have a DVD hidden somewhere and on the website have cryptic coordinates that lead up to it. Maybe hide a few clues in the movie itself. 

Oh em gee. What if, hear me out, I make my CCR a video like Game Theory. I have the skills to edit like that! OH EM GEE WAIT! I can pretend to be going through the ARG I created. Holy wack unlyrical lyrics. I am insane. 

Shout out to Emi's blog. I read it sometimes (https://emvaicmedia202756.blogspot.com/) because she is basically me if I drank caffeine and had undiagnosed autism. Okay that's all, buh bye Glorp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment