Look for Stuff!!

Mar 23, 2025

Do You Have the Time, to Listen to Me Reflect? (#29)

 

This is what I'm referencing in the title. Live, Love, Laugh, Green Day.
I learnt a lot while creating this project, most specifically, that I am not a perpetual motion machine. I can't work and work and work and expect to not be burnt out. I feel like this project was started eons ago and it's finally over. But, thus with the conclusion of this project also comes the time to reflect. Ready? Let's go!

Editing:
I forget how fun editing is. I would say it's a hobby but sadly I also don't enjoy being sat at a desk for over 4 hours. If editing was somehow faster, if i could wirelessly transfer my thoughts from my brain to my computer, then I'd love editing. Tall order, I know. Despite that, this project reminded me how much I love staying up late and doing work (that isn't sarcasm, I'm a weird kid.) I find darkness very peaceful, and I like the quietness that comes with being the only one awake in the house. Maybe I actually am Batman, all that's missing is the "billionaire" and "orphan" part. (That's a joke, Mom and Dad, please don't die. I would be really sad)

However, I could've improved my time management. I know editing kind of takes a long time, that's part of what makes it so fun, but i could've worked arround that. I could've gathered B-roll on my phone when I didn't have my laptop on me, I could've looked for music. 

Blogging:
I found out that I really enjoy blogging. It's like having a journal but better because I can upload whatever photos I want. Often, I would start writing blogs the week before posting them because I enjoyed it so much. I think I'm going to keep this up, I even made a personal blog. It's called The Walrus' Voyage because walrus' are cool and the word sounds like my last name. 

Sleeping:
At one point or another, I forgot that I'm not Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and that I'm not a being of the night. I am very much a diurnal creature. And I need to rest. So, when the sun has gone down and the moon has come up, I must be asleep for the sake of my health. School work has made me forget that my life has a purpose outside of my education, and obviously, that made me burn out. But hey, part of reaching for the highest banana is being smacked in the face by branches, almost falling off the tree, and trying to avoid nasty bugs. I hope that metaphor made sense. 


That's all for now Glorp, I'm going to enjoy my spring break. Good bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment