Look for Stuff!!

Mar 30, 2026

group meeting + postcard picture (Portfolio Project #20)

Hi Glorp! Very busy this week, we are doing a lot for the project. So, if you don't mind, I'm cramming two topics into each blog, instead of talking about one thing like I usually do.

GROUP MEETING

We had a group meeting today! So, I'm gunna talk about what each group member is up to. 

NIKITA

He had officially started editing, and he showed us what he had so far. He was missing a little bit of footage, because he wasn't done with filming yet. I've seen the photos he sends to our AICE media groupchat... so I expected his story to be a little crazy. I just didn't expect the twist at the end. If you don't know, Nikita's making a short film on a crack adict who does drugs with his buddy, and then the crack adicts wife cheats on him with his buddy. It's very Nikita of Nikita to do that, I'm glad he feels free to make a short film about a crack adict, and it looked really fun to film. Good for him :)

He then showed us his postcard. His design didn't really consider how a person would read the card. As you can see in the photo below, it uses a lot of eye-catching yellow-orange, which makes the card confusing. When I first saw it, I was unsure of where to start looking. I explained to him that anytime your displaying information with text and graphics, you need to think about the order in which the viewer will look at objects. So, have visual priority. The film title and showtimes should be the first thing the viewer sees, so they should be that bright orange color. Then, the description, director, and contact info (including the Instagram) should be smaller, and less attention grabbing. I don't think he took my advice to heart, but hey, I gave him my two cents.

ZACH

The greatest man to ever walk on Earth rewrote his entire film. Which I'm kind of upset about because his original idea was so cool. I wanted to see how the whole "camera is sentient" played out, but I understand the complications with it. His group rewrote their short film to be a "Heathers if it was Wicked" as he calls it. Pretty much, the story is about a nerdy girl who befriends the popular girls, but, oh no! the popular girls are actually witches! The nerdy girl escapes a ritual and reconnects with her old friends. The end. Zach team still wants to do something meta, which I'm glad they do, I wanna see them do something they haven't done before. Everyone in the group is very skilled. 

As of today, they have a few shots of a flashback and scenes where the girl is talking to herself in her head. What I mean by that is, they have a black void where characters break the forth wall to communicate their thoughts to the audience. This is their meta component. 

All of their work looks excellent, and I trust that they are going to do well. I suggested their vary the content they'll post so the branding doesn't get bland. But, that's all I could think of.


JOAQUIN

They have been working and filming basically all day, which is insane dedication. From what Joaq mentioned and what I saw, they have too much footage. Joaq mentioned that they might have to cut out a lot. Which is fine, I think, better to overshoot than undershoot. My only fear is continuity, they should show the film to people outside the group before submitting so that they know if the story makes sense or not.  

Something I loved was their costume designs-- which I might elaborate on if Emi ever sends me photos of her design.

They've been very creative with their work, which I'm glad about. I don't know Andrew well, but I know Emi and Joaq are very creative people. I trust their work is going to blow me away.


FABIANA

She's working on her own, which I'm glad to see, since I know she doesn't have a lot of experience making films. So, I'm glad shes getting out there :)

She explained how the film is a thriller about a guy finding out that someone knows he killed a girl. The story, as she explained it, was really interesting and I'm excited to see how it plays out. The script isn't fully developed, and I offered my help if she needs it during writing or marketing. 

She asked me a few questions about branding, and I helped her.


GABY
Gaby is the ONLY person in our group working on a music video. Props to her, it's a challenge to do it, let alone with someone working so far away and completely by herself. (I'm trying a new thing called positivity, do you like it?)

Gaby has filmed everything but the bridge, and she still has to edit. Her story is about a girl who just broke up with her partner and rediscovered herself in music. The story is very wholesome, and I think matches the song well. She also has everything planned for the social media. She also seemed to have things figured out, and I also couldn't fin any advice to give her.


THE POSTCARD PHOTOS
Okay! So, I took photos of Stef and Estef (our two actors) in-between shots. I had them pose behind a blank wall so I could easily cut the background out in photoshop. The following photos are the one's I'm like 90% sure I wanna use for the postcard/promotional work (like on the social media).

No comments:

Post a Comment