Hey Glorp! I'm throwing a temper tantrum like a toddler right now because I really don't want to write this blog. But, sadly, I am responsible. So, no more procrastination.
Me, thinking about doing my work instead of doing my work
(ntrpmrphn, n.d.)
If your thinking "hey! this looks familiar!", it's because I had no idea what to write for this blog, so I referenced this.
STRUCTURE AND NOTES
Below, are the notes I took during class when we went over the CCR.
According to my notes, the CCR must be an essay under 1,000 words with the purpose of self reflection-- including analyzing my work, criticizing it, and showing emotional maturity. Sound boring? Yeah I agree. (I'm kidding Cambridge. Love ya!)
The introduction must be brief and has to include a thesis. Meanwhile in the body, I can address the questions in any order, but I must address them all and I cannot knock out two in one. The order my teacher recommended was as follows:
How did your research inform your products and the way they use or challenge conventions? *
- Start with specific examples
- Include techniques we researched
- discuss genres (look at notes we took in class)
- explain how research influenced our choices (and to cite research too)
How do your products engage with you audience?
- provide context
- Discuss how the 3 components engage the audience
- maybe address why the target audience might not be engaged (if applicable instead)
How did the elements of your production create a sense of "branding"?
- Describe the brand
- Discuss how the brand could've been improved
How does your product reflect social groups or issues?
- End essay on this question
- attach it to the target audience
- discuss representation (look at notes we took in class)
Then, the conclusion would tie everything in a neat little bow by offering a new point that's supported by the rest of the essay.
COMPARING TO LAST YEAR
These questions are pretty similar to last year, and honestly that makes them easier to answer. Here are last year's questions:
- How did your production skills develop throughout this project?
- How does your product engage with audiences?
- How would it be distributed as a real media text?
- How does your product use or challenge conventions, and how does it represent social groups or issues?
- How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project?
The two bolded questions are the one's I'll be comparing, since they are the most similar to the questions I have this year.
- How does your product engage with audiences?
God, I hated this question then, and I hate it now (not because its bad, Cambridge, just because it's hard). Before, I referenced a case study made by someone online about westerns and how the portray women (visit that blog here). I used that as a basis to claim that our opening is relevant to a modern audience, and therefore more engaging.
- How does your product use or challenge conventions, and how does it represent social groups or issues?
Last year, my team and I made a film opening about a woman in the wild west. So our story was inherently feminist. This meant that the question was easy game (visit my answer to this question here). This year, our story doesn't challenge many conventions or represents a social issue. So, we have to answer the other part of the question, how do we use conventions, and how do we reflect a social group. The obvious answer here is that we use the conventions of coming of age films to represent a high school audience.
THINKING ABOUT HOW TO ANSWER
- How did your research inform your products and the way they use or challenge conventions?
This question, I think, is meant for me to demonstrate an understanding of film/marketing conventions and apply it to my work. Obviously I need to refrence my research, meaning I need to cite things too. I'm also assuming that talking about my research includes answering with specific examples of what I mean, just for clarity and to demonstrate an understanding.
- How do your products engage with you audience?
The mention of the word "audience" clearly implies that they want me to respond with my target audience, so I need to define my audience. Since this is one of the harder questions for me, I should do a little bit of research before answering this. Not to mention! I cannot forget abut the online and print components during this part. I can already see myself only talking about the film, which isn't what the reflection should be focused on.
- How did the elements of your production create a sense of "branding"?
Here, I need to define the brand, and explain how I developed it (mention colors, fonts, shapes, and graphic design as well as how the brand had behavior and personality). Then, I should discuss weather or not the brand was effective in engaging the audience. Here, I think, can be a good moment for self reflection. I can talk about where my branding failed, and why.
How does your product reflect social groups or issues?
This question asks that I demonstrate an understanding of representation in marketing and film production by reflecting on my work. So, I should talk about why I wrote characters with my peers in mind, and how that mimics the environment and social groups that surround me. For example, I wrote Dahlia with Vicky in mind, since she's a very hard working person who punishes herself too hard. I can then connect this idea to my target audience, and then reflect on weather it was effective or not.
* Footnote: Before I wrote the questions down, I went to look at my classmates blogs to make sure I had the right ones. No one posted the CCR's yet. Like wow, I'm so sorry that you have to deal with us, Stocklosa. And by us, I mean lazy teenagers. Like, I'm writing this the day before its due.**
** Footnote inside a footnote: I wonder how much you know about Gen Z memes, now that you get to see one every other blog.
CITES
ntrpmrphn. (n.d.). [Image of a dog thinking about a dog-fish]. Pinterest. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/746190232050967287/
No comments:
Post a Comment