Hey, Glorp! Have you ever filmed for 9 hours with one break? Well, we did! We filmed on Sunday from 12 am to 9pm. I've never filmed for so long, and two days after, I'm still exhausted. But, hey! We got it done!
I woke up at 5 am on Sunday, got most of my schoolwork out of the way, went to the gym, and then built a shelf for this production. Which, yay productivity, boo resting on a Sunday. The stuff I bought for the shelf cost me about 40 bucks.
I'm not good at building things either, I just had a vision for this one shot where I needed a shelf-like structure to hold things and I couldn't think of anything else other than this. I assembled it with my dad's tools. He's taught me how to cut wood and build before, but I'm just not good at it— as you can tell by the photos below. The wood kept splitting on me because I didn't use the right screws.
But, I was committed to the shot, and, honestly, it came out pretty well. Once we where done filming the montage, everyone on set had a 45 minute pizza break. Meanwhile, I took a nap. (Off topic, Vicky wakes people up by just patting them. Which is sweet, but like...? I didn't expect to be woken up by being patted on the foot.) After a much needed break, we got back to filming and knocked out the scene where Dahlia and Melia argue. The battery of our tube light ran out by now, so we where using my lights. I have a three point GVM RGB light kit.
Before we filmed the montage and all that, we filmed the scene where Dahlia leaves to the party, and the one where she returns. Kenna operated the tube light as I saw fit on camera. For example, for our night scene's I had her set the lights to a blue-ish white. That way the light mimics the moonlight. I'll go over our shots in my next post, when I talk about editing.
No comments:
Post a Comment