Look for Stuff!!

Mar 25, 2026

decorating the room (Production Post #18)

Hey, Glorp! Fun fact! Both of our actors go by the name Stef. How will we distinguish them on set? Good question Glorp! I have no idea.

We got together and built the set! Yay! It's up in my brothers room, we have it ready for our first filming  on Thursday. Which has confused my family a little, I don't think they expected me to actually decorate my brother's room. Here's a video of my mom claiming that she adopted a kid named Dahlia Woods, and that her new daughter is better than me. (Sorry if you don't speak Spanish)


Kenna took over the mise-en-scene, I think I already told you that. All Vicky and I did was follow her vision, which is really nice. Both Kenna and Vicky brought their stuff to decorate the room and we just talked while setting everything up. 

we are so cute everyone say "awwwweee"

WHITE BOARD/CALENDAR
Everything I'm about to write about was placed in Dahlia's room because it demonstrated her commitment to her work and her discipline. 

We've talked about this already, but I should update you. I never ended up fixing the white board, but I did remove the stains. Now, it works just like any whiteboard, except you need a stain remover to erase. Which, I guess that means its not a white board. I think that means it's just a plank of wood my brother screwed into the wall. That's raises a good philosophical question: At what point should we consider an object to be one thing versus another? I mean, I could call a horse a chair-- because its got four legs and I can sit on it-- but that if I tell a farmer to feed his chair he'd be confused.

I'm getting off track. My brother screwing a whiteboard into the wall kind of worked in our favor. I don't think it's typical to have a white board in your room, so the fact that she has one demonstrates her commitment to her daily tasks.

On the day we set up (which was today lol), I had writing on my arm. It's something I do to stay organized. I have a digital agenda, and I can't access my phone during class. So, I write tasks down on my arm as they arise. We wrote some of my tasks on Dahlia's whiteboard since the school work I'm doing now is very similar to what Dahlia whould be doing in the film, since we are both juniors in rigorous classes. We decided to write down 4 of the 10 I had written down, because we are starting the film at the start of the year, and we wanted to make the list longer as Dahlia progresses through the year to mimic the real change workload we face as students throughout the year. 

The calendar also served as a way to show the passing of time throughout our film, because we want to make it clear that our film happens over several months.
Dahlia's whiteboard, calendar and wall decor

PLANTS/CRANES
If you look at the image above you'll see flowers on the wall. This is to reflect the theme of growth, yes, but also because it shows dahlias love for greenery. We also chose to stick my cranes on Dahlia's ceiling to show how creative, yet focused she is. She had the idea to hang cranes on her ceiling (showing her creativity) and then needed the dedication to make them (showing patience and commitment of folding the same thing over and over). We have little things like this spread arround her room to demonstrate her personality.
The cranes on Dahlia's ceiling




No comments:

Post a Comment